Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Latest Crafting Obsession




Over the long weekend I finished my second quilt. It is one I will leave out as a decoration for Autumn/Halloween. This one went faster because I used 9.5 inch squares instead of 6 inch. I would guess it is about the size of a full sized bed. It still has a lot of the strings on it. I need to wash it at least once more. It was a lot of fun but I really rushed to get it done. My shoulders ache from the cutting and clipping. I think the next one will take me more than three days.

Emma wants me to make her one, since the first one (the pink and green one) that she thought was for her turned out so small. We got the butterflies and hot pink fabric for her. She practiced sewing this weekend and is trying to decide if she wants to make it all by herself!
I have decided to wait on the kids clothes quilt. I want to make a girl one and a boy one, so they match a little better. I don’t think I have enough stuff yet to do them as large as I would like. I will just have to be patient.

I love the idea of a sturdy denim picnic blanket so I chose some Americana fabric to use with the denim that we have. I want to make it with the blue stars, deep red (it shows up pinkish in the photo, it isn’t. It is more of a burgundy) and denim on top with solid denim on the back. I am excited to get started, but it might be a little while before I finish it. It will not be on display and picnic season is coming to a close soon.

No comments: