Sunday, July 15, 2007

Grandma Fern turns 89 on Friday the 13th





We had the opportunity to go and spend about 30 minutes with grandma on her birthday. Usually Joi or David and Nancy take care of grandma and we don’t spend a lot of time with her. Joi and her family were enjoying a trip to Palmyra, New York and David and Nancy have been on their mission in Hong Kong for about six weeks so we were asked to go visit with her. I had wanted to go to Orem to get a pair of shoes so it worked out perfectly. I hated to go empty handed so I decided to make cupcakes. I also printed a picture of grandma with David and Nancy on the day they left for Hong Kong and put it in a clear frame that will stick on her fridge. I know that she doesn’t need anything so this seemed like a good idea.

When we got there she looked really surprised to see the cupcakes and candles. We got to sing to her and watch her blow out the candle that Andrew missed. See had a genuine smile on her face the whole time we were there. It felt really good to do that for her. We are going to try to make the effort to go and see her once a month. I really can’t image how lonely she must get. I figure it is the least we can do.

No comments: