Geez, how do you sum up a year on one post? You don't!
We are preparing for the kids to start school in just two weeks. Can you believe it? Just two weeks. Guess what I have been doing. That is correct, more back to school shopping. Woot!
The kids are leaving for grandma's house tonight so that I can work and they can play at Cherry Hill and with their cousins. While they are gone I am going to inventory everything that I have gotten for them . They are done no matter what, but I would like to see how bad I was this year.
Emma will be going to 5th grade (how is that possible?) and Andrew will be in 2nd.
Last year we requested that Emma have a fun and creative teacher and that Andrew be given anyone besides Mrs. Hays. A little over a week ago we got their class assignments in the mail. Guess what? Andrew got Mrs. Hays.
We had been there, done that. The endless packets of busy work and the Nazi like approach to handwriting was just too much. I however, like to think that everything happens for a reason. We were going to let it go, or at lease wait until we could see the complete class list.
We got the push we needed to act though before the class list was published. While Emma was at piano we got a warning from her teacher. It was cut and dry, "Get him out. Get him out now!" She told us that she had destroyed her little boy and that it took years before he was able to enjoy school again.
Andrew is now in Miss. Connell's class with a ton of kids from our ward. I am hoping it will be a great year. Emma is in Mrs. Johnson's class. She was excited to get her as a teacher and has a few classmates that she is thrilled about.
1 comment:
Crap! Parker has Mrs. Hays!!!!
Post a Comment