Friday night we had Emma’s surprise party with her cousins at my mom’s house where she got to play pin the nose on the witch and pop some balloons with candy inside. I think she enjoyed the extra attention and the extra gifts. We ordered pizza and had cake and ice cream.
My dad took us to the airport at 7:00 am Saturday morning. I mistook the seating assignment as the gate assignment on my boarding pass so the kids and I got to take a leisurely ride on the moving sidewalk admiring photos of scenic Utah. Once we got to the international area of the airport I realized my mistake. We turned around and got to our gate right before we had to board the plane.Paul met us at the John Wayne airport and then we got a nourishing breakfast at McDonald's.
We got to the park Saturday morning prepared for crowds but it really wasn’t all that bad. What we weren’t prepared for was the heat. Holy cow it felt like we landed in hell. I have been to Disneyland when it was hot before, but this seemed different. Maybe it was the humidity? I had done my hair so I could wear it down but once it got stuck to my neck, up it went. I didn’t even ask for that many pictures because we looked so….hot and miserable.
The ride operator threw a wrench in our perfectly planned ride order. (We always put youngest in the front up to Paul in the back so when they snap out photo you can see all of us. ) He said the front rider must be over 5’ tall. After waiting in line for so long I just hopped up and changed spots with Andrew. I wasn’t worried. You never get that wet on Splash Mountain.
What more can I say? Oh yeah, I got wet, really wet. This trip seemed to have one debacle after another. There were minor injuries, we got stuck on broken down rides and of course there were the heat induced melt downs. We got some fun pictures anyway. Without further ado...
California Adventure at Dusk
Meeting Goofy
Looking great in our 3-D glasses for the new Toy Story ride
We worked very hard for these next photos. We saw Mickey and Minnie leaving so I asked their handler when they would be back. He told us they would be in and out until it was time for the parade. We sat for close to an hour waiting for them to come out. When I saw them I yelled to the kids "this is it!" I grabbed them and off we went running to greet M&M.
I got this shot first (they were having some pictures taken together for publicity in their costumes) and then they split up to meet their friends and we finally got our pictures with them. Paul never left his bench. When I got back to him, my face all aglow, he said "in twelve and a half years of marriage I have never seen you move so fast." 

Emma in her cute Tink hat and new dangle Tinkerbell earrings
The Happy Family
Yummy!
Paul getting ready to go down Grizzly River Rapids with the kids. I knew better.
The best for last. I GOT TO MEET CAPTAIN JACK!!!!! We were eating lunch and her just strolled by. I couldn't even think or move. Then everything clicked back in my head and I went running after him. He was sexy, even if he wasn't the real one. You could also tell that he loved having all the women drooling over him.
I have a few more pictures that I will add over the next couple of days (or at least I plan to) but tonight I am tired and off to bed I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment