Monday, November 24, 2008

Change....I hate it!

For explanation of why these pics are here, read on!
Above, San Francisco's Orpheum theater where we have seen some of our favorite Broadway Musicals.
Below:The El tracks in Chicago

A few weeks ago the kids got a virus on my computer. I was devastated.

I use my computer all. the. time.

When I need my mood picked up I go through photos, I digi-scrap, I mess around with things in Photoshop and last but not least I surf the web and shop!

Paul was trying to fix it and then HP took over and sent the computer back to the way it was right out of the box. I was able to keep all of my files (for that I am grateful) but I lost all of my programs.

That night Paul announced that he bought me a new, beautiful, Mac. It is suppose to be the greatest thing for photo work and designing. In theory that sounded great!

Well to say that the transition has been hard is an understatement. I am now trying to figure out where all my files are, trying to learn PS CS4 (there are some tiny little changes from PS CS that drive me nuts) and trying to decide if I really wanted a Mac. I am leaning toward no. I am a creature of habit and nothing is the same.

I did find a file on one of my externals that had some of my favorite photos in it from our trips and favorite places. Last night I added to it (an excuse for me to learn a bit about iPhoto)

So in an effort to see what I have figured out, I am posting a ton of my favorite photos. Some of these look better in color, but then I wouldn’t have had as much to play with, would I?

See now I have already run into problems. I can't move the order of my photos. Growl, hiss, spat!!! I also seem to have lost my cursor. Wait, now it is back. I also thought everything was going to be underlined but I got that worked out miraculously. I don't know how I did it though.

It might be a while before I post pics from our most recent Disneyland trip.......

Manti, Utah
Disneyland Castle dressed for Christmas
Salt Lake City, Utah
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas, Nevada
Seattle, Washington
San Francisco, Ca.
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Space Needle in Seattle, Washington
Delicate Arch in Arches National Park: Moab, Ut.
San Fransisco, Ca.
Salt Lake Temple
The temple and the capitol building
The Chicago Theater
Details of the theater
Yosemite, Ca.
It's a Small World
The "Golden Gate Bridge"
Disneyland Castle
PiPi's in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Valarta, Mexico
Manti, Utah
The streets of San Fransisco
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Half Dome in Yosemite
Chicago Skyline
Postcard Row in San Francisco
The Hancock Building
From the bay, Puerto Vallarta
The Castle Again
Fisherman's Warf
Las Vegas, Nevada
Manti, Utah
Stolkholm Sweden. We were there in 2000 before we went digital so my photos from this trip are all on film. This is the only one I have scanned.
Day out with Thomas in Heber, Utah
Paris Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh man, you sound just like I did one year ago. Our PC crashed, we brought home the famous MAC...and, well, mmmmm frustrating. Ultimately I pitched such a huge fit that we bought a PC laptop for me to do all our bookwork on since QuickBooks for Mac really does suck. Hang in there. The Mac really is AWESOME!!!! It is change though and with my limited tolerance for that, it was rough for a bit. FYI, I am in Indiana right now and have some incredible shots that I want to load, but my PC laptop SUCKS...BIG TIME!!!! compared to the Mac...The photos will have to wait until we are back. How do I break it to Rodger that I want a Mac notebook now for Christmas? Maybe you can drop him a hint for me....