
Today at the swimming lessons I was prepared for anything. I came in my suit, camera in hand and had a frozen bottle of water. I was much cooler than the day before. I was walking around taking pictures of Emma, hoping my legs were getting the sun that they so desperately need, when I realized I couldn’t see Andrew, anywhere.
The pool is very full of little wet heads. They were everywhere I looked. I walked back to the shallow end where the preschool class meets and still didn’t see him. He had a substitute teacher, so I didn’t even know what teacher to look for. I walked around and around and he was no where to be seen. I even risked embarrassment for myself and others by yelling for him in the men’s room. There were only five minutes of class left and the kids started coming back to the shallow water. There he was, as happy as could be.
I don’t know how I missed him. I still don’t know which wet head was his but he is alive and well.
Emma did great. She is no longer the only girl in her class. The new girl isn’t as good in the water as the others, so it slows them down a bit. There were only four kids today so they still got plenty of time with the teacher. They are practicing front and back crawl, side breathing and chicken, airplane, soldier back floats. I hope Emma gets really good and enjoys swimming as much as I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment