Friday, April 13, 2007

My Baby Boy is Six




Where has the time gone? It doesn't seem that long ago that I was told I would be delivering that very night. I remember driving to the hospital holding Emma crying, wondering what I had done. Why was I going to be sharing my love? I didn't think that I wanted to have another child. It wasn't fair to her. It was too late at that point. (I will blame a lot of my feelings on pregnancy hormones.) I had my amnio and found out my big boy wasn't ready to be born. His lungs weren't ready. I was then scheduled for a c-section two weeks later. What a roller coaster. To think you are going to have a baby one night and then find out that he will be delivered via c-section two weeks later. Wow!


I will never forget the first time I looked at him (without being under the influence of drugs and pain meds) Heavenly Father flipped a love switch. I knew right away that I liked him. I liked him a lot. That hasn't changed. Even though Andrew has been a huge challenge and has earned his nickname Turd Boy, I have always had a very special bond with him. He still likes to snuggle in the mornings and always has a hug for me. He is very special to me. I am so glad that I have had him in my life for the past six years. I can't wait for all of the years to come.


To celebrate we went to dinner at IHOP with my parents. We then went to David and Nancy's clubhouse for cake and ice cream.......the cake....what can we say about the cake?


Andrew had seen a kitty litter cake on Good Things Utah. They made it for Halloween. He said he wanted one for his birthday. I let it slide. I figured he would forget about it. Boy was I wrong. That is the only cake that he wanted for his birthday. What's a mom to do? I made the cake. His poor dad couldn't even eat a bit. It actually tasted pretty good.


Andrew was given transformers, games and cars for his birthday. He got more than he needed, that's for sure. What can I say. It is fun to spoil my baby.

No comments: