They were so excited this morning and oh so cute! Both of them were wide awake right on time. There was no “mom, can’t I just sleep a little longer?” Both were up and eating and then doing stuff in record time.
I love all of the traditions that go along with the first day of school. I love doing their hair that morning (most days I am not allowed), snapping the tags off of the new clothes, and most of all, the Father’s Blessings.
Last night Paul was able to give both kids, and their mom, beautiful blessings. Emma was told that it was going to be a wonderful year. (What a relief that was to me since 5th was my worst year.) Andrew was told that he would become an even better reader and be able to learn all the things that will be taught to him.
I was given the greatest gift of all. I was told that my children were in good hands, and that they would be very well taken care of at school. I was also promised that they would be returned home to me safely ever single day this year. What a comfort that was to hear. It has filled my heart with joy. I know that my kids are safe. I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking of it.
It's going to be a great year!






2 comments:
Hi Kid,
Do you feel like a kid? You are still just a kid to me. We haven't had any back to school pictures at our house for quite a few years. And it will be five years before our granddaughter starts school.
We are finally grandparents. Sally has a little girl and they live in Las Vegas. She hates it. Her husband is looking for a new job and has even had one interview in SLC.
Most of your pictures on the blog are of the kids with one good one of you. I know you still have a husband. Doesn't he rate a picture.
Say hello to your family for us especially gma and gpa.
Luv ya always,
Me
Mignonne! Good to see that you have a blog...I will add you to mine! I am glad that I am not the only mom to feel a little sad and even shed a tear or two when the kids go off and start a new school year! Your kids are getting so big! They look so cute and excited to go to school!
Post a Comment