Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Carnival Time!

Today was the annual fall carnival at Grovecrest Elementary. My friends Rees and Kari were in charge and they did a wonderful job. It was an old west theme with a fishing booth, face painting, tractor rides, branding booth (Relax, they only stamped the kids!), gold digging and so many other fun booths I can’t even name them all. It was fabulous and the kids had the best time. Oh! There was also a jail. Emma got put in it about five times and Andrew said he was put in three times.

The PTA had asked people to donate for a bake sale so I spent all morning making cute treats. I made flower shaped rice crispy treats with bubble gum centers, chocolate chip cookies and M&M cookies.

I showed up at the school around 1:45pm to see if they needed any help and ended up setting up some tables, chairs and canopy’s. I also got to run the bake sale with my friend Carrie Ann. We had so many donations! There was just about every cookie and snack that you could imagine. I didn’t get home until after 7:00pm and there was still a ton of work to do when we left. I felt bad for taking off but I was exhausted and my back and feet were hurting.

I had brought my camera with plans to take a lot of pictures of the kids and activities but we were just busy enough the whole time that we couldn’t get away. I can’t wait to hear how much the carnival rose for the school. It looked like it was a huge success.

Here are some photos of my treats and the pictures that I did get at the carnival.


No comments: