Here is one page down, few few hundred thousand to go.
This is Emma on Pier 39 in San Francisco. I made a photo book with my favorite photos from our summer vacation, so I didn't think I needed to do more with them. Today I was messing with a template and a kit that I downloaded and ended up using this picture from our trip. Now it has begun. I will need to scrap a bunch of the photos.
Maybe tonight I will work on a couple more pages, that will keep me from sewing on my quilting projects.
I already finished a great book. (It was the Dead End Job Series by Elaine Viets: Dying to Call You) That was the first thing I did to avoid sewing and now I am digi-scrapping. What is this world coming to? It is funny, I love shopping for fabric, I love putting the colors together and deciding on a design and I even like cutting out the pieces. The truth is, the only thing I don't like about quilting is the sewing!!! It must have something to do will trying to line up all those darn little pieces.
I finished my table topper for Christmas (I just need to get it quilted but I won't do that until November). It isn't half as cute as I had hoped. The colors were a bit blah so I had to put the red on the outside leaving a large white area in the center. This is where my hurricane or charger with a candle and pine cones will go. What ever my center piece is, it should distract from the light square. This is it before I started sewing it. I will say that it is better in person.
I am now sewing on Happy Jack. The easy part is almost done. After I get it all put together I will have to applique. That has me worried. I have never done it before and don't know if my machine even has what I need to do it this time. I am thinking I will beg Maggie's mother in law to do it for me ;) If all goes well this will be hanging somewhere in my house before Halloween. (Don't hold your breath)
No comments:
Post a Comment