Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Recipe for September

I had eaten this Chicken Salad at Maggie's house but never made it myself. Is that cheating? I'm going to say no it isn't since Paul had never had it. The kids wouldn't even taste it. Paul thought it was okay. I guess this will be a recipe that is used for girlfriend lunches and not for a family meal. It would be perfect for baby showers or a brunch. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Chicken Salad

2 C cooked, cubed chicken

1 ½ C seedless red grapes, halved

1 C chopped cucumber (I leave this out of mine)

¾ C sliced almonds

¾ C shredded mozzarella cheese

½ C poppy seed dressing (I use Brianna's)

Leaf lettuce (Please do not use iceberg)

6 croissants or pita pockets

In large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, cucumber, almonds and cheese. Add dressing and toss to coat. Line bread with lettuce and fill w/ chicken salad.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Where the heck was this two months ago when I was begging the world for a decent chicken salad recipe??? LOL