Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Lagoon Miracle

The journaling reads:

Andrew was upset that he wasn't tall enough to go on a ride called the Rocket. He threw a fit when my mom and Emma decided to go on it. He got so worked up (and it was *hot*) that he started to get too warm and was turning really red.

When they were done with the ride my mom went and sat on the edge of a planter box in the shade and I went to get some Icee’s. When I got back my mom said that Andrew had been bitten by something and showed me a big welt on his arm. We soothed it by putting the cold drink on his arm and all was well.

We decided to ride on the bumper cars. While we were getting in the cars just a few minutes later he said "I feel like I got another bite on my shoulder" I looked and there was a wasp on the inside of his shirt! I about crapped my pants. I was trying to turn his shirt inside out and get it off of him without getting a bite myself. I got it out and it went up hi neck and started walking up his head. I flicked it off of him and got us in the car before I told him he had a wasp bite. He was really brave but sad and in pain.

We told him that he could play one of the midway games to help him feel better. There was a table full of holes that he had to get a ball in. 95% were white then there were a couple of blue and green ones and right in the center a red hole. He said that he wanted the big orange snake. We told him “you know you won’t win right?” Right after we said that he threw his third ball. It went right in the red center hole! He won the jumbo prize. He got his 20 ft long orange snake!
He was so proud carrying that huge thing out of the park.

No comments: