know that I snoop when it comes to Christmas gifts. I have a keen knack for figuring out gifts and surprises. Really, it's a gift.
One year (I was young, maybe 10?) there was a present under the tree that had me stumped. It was square, very flat and light. My mom said if I guessed it right she would tell me. I guessed that it was one of the balsa wood dinosaurs that you put together to make into a skeletal replica. I was right but she was so shocked that I guessed it right away that she didn't come clean. She told me I was wrong.
Emma has inherited my gift, much to my chagrin. One year, since the kids like to shake and guess their gifts, I devised a code. Emma's birthday is the 24th and Andrew's in the 11th. I wrote all sorts of random numbers on their packages. They were three digit numbers. His gifts were odd, hers even. She broke that code in a matter of minutes. I swear she was only eight at the time. It still amazes me.
This year I made a vow to behave. (When your kids come home from grandma's with wrapped presents in October so you won't peek you know your reputation is tarnished.) And I have behaved, so far, but still inadvertently ruined a surprise. I think. Anyway I saw this and thought it was hilarious. Knowing me I would probably unwrap and re-wrap if it bugged me enough. Yes I have done that before. Click the image if you need to see it bigger so the text is readable.

3 comments:
It's true! Mignonne is the queen of Christmas snoopers. And yes, she can figure out any gift you get her. I still can't figure out how she did it and continues to do it. Amazing!
Nice...I've done it a few times but the fam is getting better at hiding from me. Also, I've stopped snooping. I really like the element of surprise :D
I would be happy to bring you some treats. I've just gone easy since we've moved here because the ward boundries are so crazy and I have 20 neighbors in my immediate area. so we'll have to do another lunch or something & I'll bring some goodies :D
Post a Comment