I have heard a lot of people saying that it is hard for them to get into the Spirit of Christmas this year. I've felt it too. I like to blame working in retail for so many years. It really ruins the holidays dealing with crabby people who don't understand what Christmas is all about and working the long raunchy hours. This is my second year out of retail and it has been great.
Today everything started to turn around. I think that the little things like visiting Disneyland at Christmas, walking around Temple Square and driving around looking at lights have helped me shift from Bah Humbug to Holly Jolly. I hate to admit it since I hate snow so much but the little bit that we got today helped it feel like Christmas.
I found a few little gifts this morning that I know the kids will love. I have a surprise up my sleeve that I can't talk about that is making me pretty excited also. I am done with the Enrichment Christmas dinner so I can just focus on my family and it feels great.
I think the Christmas shopping for our immediate family is done, and now I can just attend all the neighborhood/ward parties, bake yummy cookies and wrap gifts. I am even going to try making Peppermint Fudge tomorrow after church.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and that is pretty great!
No comments:
Post a Comment