
The party and cookie decorating went well. The kids had a blast. Some trees were works of art and others were just globed with frosting. Then there was my child who didn’t use any frosting at all, go figure! (This is a friend of Andrew's that live in our neighborhood)

Saturday we spent a lot of time at the mall after seeing Santa and then we went out to do some last minute shopping. We got home with two hours before the ward party. Paul did not want to go to the party because it was happening while the BYU game and Cowboys football games were on. He threw a mini fit when the bishop started talking about he game and I told him to just go home.
We had a nice time listening to music (Emma got to play her three songs while we were there) and visiting. Santa showed up and the kids got another picture with Santa and so did Maggie and I!



Sunday I got a new calling. I am no longer Enrichment Leader. I will now be an instructor in Relief Society. I will be teaching the Teaching for our Times lessons. I am excited about the change but I little nervous too. I teach next week! The way this calling came about I am where I know I need to be so that is a comfort.
After church we took some family photos by the Christmas tree. Some came out okay, others not so much. What would family pictures be without the outtakes?
That evening Emma had her piano recital. She felt bad that she made a little mistake but we reminded her that there wasn’t one kid there who didn’t make a mistake. I think that helped.
Monday was supposed to be stormy in the afternoon. The kids and I got up early to run some errands before the snow hit, but the snow wasn’t listening to the weathermen. It came fast and furious first thing in the morning. We started out but it was pilling up too quickly. We turned around and it was good we did. It accumulated so quickly. We got over 7” here on the bench. The kids and I just stayed inside all day long and I was able to finish up my project. I did it! I’m done! I’m thrilled!
I was worried about Paul getting home okay from work. He decided to send everyone home early so they could be safe on the roads. He finished up what he had to do and then made his way up the mountain after running around to the post office, bank and some stores. We spent well over and hour shoveling out the snow so we had a place to put his car. What a pain in the arse. I just don’t get why people would ever want to live in an area with snow. I am convinced that those who think it sounds fun have never tried it.







No comments:
Post a Comment