
I got up and ran some errands and bought A Christmas Story for the kids. When I got home Paul was raking leaves. I was frustrated because I just knew he was doing it so he wouldn't have to go to the Festival of Trees. After he finished, we ate lunch, all showered, did our hair, got dressed, gathered are stuff and then we were finally ready to leave. I never thought we would get out of the house. The kids really enjoyed watching their new movie in the car as we made our way up to Sandy.
We were all really impressed with the trees that we saw. The were so unique and beautiful. Seeing the faces of some of the little children that these trees were dedicated to and have lost their lives really tore my heart out. It made me want to donate my time, a tree, a craft or anything really just so you know that you are helping to keep some of these children alive. I wonder what it would take to organize a donation next year. I saw some that were
sponsored by wards and some by grade school classes.

This was made of all blown glass by the artist who does the stained glass windows in the temples. It sold at auction for $27,000. It was stunning!
I couldn't help but think of Grandpa David when I saw this tree.
This is a gingerbread castle that we just couldn't believe. It makes me crazy just thinking about making something like that.
After we were done we sent the kids off with grandma and grandpa and Paul and I had a little time to do some shopping. We went to Big Rock Clothing Company and realized we are too old and fluffy for designer clothes! We walked around the Gateway and then went out to dinner at Thaifoon. It was delicious.
We had tickets to the BYU vs. Utah State basketball game that was being played at the Energy Solutions Arena. It was a great game.














1 comment:
I just found your blog. How exciting. Your family is so cute. Nothing beats Temple Square lights...beautiful.
Post a Comment