Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last Night was Ward Temple Night


I am so thrilled that I was able to go. I really didn't want to. After the busy week I've had I thought that I wanted to stay home, do laundry, read, and rest. I was getting worked on pretty hard to just not go.

We did though and I would say that it was one of my best temple experience that I have ever had. Right towards the end of the session I felt the Spirit very strongly. It gave me hope and comfort. I was reminded of how things were in my life when I was the age that my kids are now. I am so thankful that Paul and I are happy and able to attend the temple together. I hope my children see our happiness and feel our love.

I recently received a blessing from Paul that said if we continue studying the scriptures together as a family our children will never fall away from the church. He also mentioned that they would grow up to be very close friends and enjoy each other. I have high hopes for my kids and their relationship. I am teaching today in Relief Society and can already tell it is going to be a very emotional day as I'm sitting here wiping away the happy tears.

Anyway, last night I sat between two friends during the session and was welcomed into the Celestial room by a large group of familiar faces. It was such a comfort to see them all there. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends and neighbors that we have. I can truly say that I have a love for everyone of them.

After the temple Paul and I decided that Cold Stone was a must. Some of our friends thought the same thing. We had ice cream with them and laughed and enjoyed the beautiful night. It was cool but still warm enough for ice cream and there were tiny sprinkles of rain. It was just wonderful.

No comments: