As you know today was Mother's Day. Paul went out of his way to make it special for me.
I have not been feeling well at all this week. I have a sore throat, terrible cough and pretty much lost my voice this past week. (It's back now!) Yesterday he was asking what he could grill for me but nothing sounded good. Things just haven't been tasting right. The only thing that sounded good was french toast. He went out last night and got everything we needed for dinner. This morning he and the kids gave me my gift. After that we got ready and went to church where we got, for the second year in a row, a delectable mint truffle. Yummy! I hope they keep up this tradition. After church we made breakfast for dinner. We had bacon, hash-browns, scrambled eggs and french toast with powdered sugar and three choices of syrup. Paul wanted to do everything himself but ended up needing some help. I was happy to oblige.
Before church Emma was having a hormonal grumpy moment. I asked for a photo and she was far from happy about it. Here I am trying to convince her that she should smile and be happy. I hate the picture but it cracks me up. It's one of those, you'd have to be there moments.
In my lap I have a beautiful beaded bookmark that Emma made, a flower for my hair, a bookmark from Andrew, the magnet he's holding with his picture on it and the mother and daughter Willow Tree figure from Paul and the kids.
This is what I really wanted to do after dinner. I just wanted to crawl in bed and take a nap but Marius is the only one in the family that was able to get some extra sleep this afternoon.
We then headed over to Grandma Fern's to honor her for Mother's Day. We were hoping to say goodbye to Ben, Denise, Amanda and Calvin but they left early and headed back to Washington. We had a nice time visiting with family.
On the way out I had Paul take a picture of one of the gifts that Emma made me. Isn't it beautiful!?!
Here is a close up that she took of it.
Here is Paul and his momma right before we left.
We came home and watched the finale of the Amazing Race together. I love that the kids are old enough now to be interested in the same shows as me and Paul. I feel so warm and fuzzy inside when we are all cuddled up on the couch together watching some reality show. It's awesome that we are now able to connect with our kids on different levels. We really enjoy their company. Happy Mother's Day to everyone. I hope it was great!

No comments:
Post a Comment