Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Bucket List

Paul was chastising me for slacking on my blog. I reminded him that I have been sick and therefore have not been doing much. Yesterday I did finally go out. I went to a book store and Rocky Mountain Chocolate with Maggie. I bought their freaking awesome gourmet caramel apples. I have already devoured the Tiger Butter one with a little help from the kids. We will be eating the caramel, pecan and chocolate one tonight and giving another one away tomorrow. Paul went golfing yesterday with the one of the company owners. Since he was going to miss dinner the kids and I went out to Costa Vida. I have some pictures but I didn't think they were blog worthy. Anyway on to my real post.

I have been working on this for a while. The original goal was to get to 100 things but for now I am leaving it at 70. I will continue to add to it as new opportunities arise and I find more things that I want to experience. It was a lot of fun allowing myself to dream and think up wild and maybe crazy things that I want to do. If you don't have such a list I encourage you to make one!

My Bucket List-You know, a list of everything you would like to do before you kick the bucket. (This list also includes things that I had always wanted to do and then got to before I even knew something like a Bucket List existed. There are also things that I didn’t realize I would want on such a list but after doing them they left a long term, profound effect on me and because of that they have since been added and marked Done)

1) Climb to the top of Half Dome
2) Go to New York City
3) See a show on Broadway
4) Walk in Central Park and on the Brooklyn Bridge
5) See the Statue of Liberty
6) Visit DC while the Cherry Blossoms are blooming
7) Go to New Orleans
8) Climb to the top of Mt. Timpanogos
9) Go back to Europe (France, England, Ireland, Italy and Switzerland are on the top of my list)
10) Get into Club 33
11) Eat at the Blue Bayou (Done)
12) Swim with Dolphins (Done)
13) Pet a wild cat (Lion, Tiger, Panther any type will do)
14) See a living Panda Bear
15) Cruise under the Golden Gate (Done)
16) Swim with sea turtles (Done)
17) Learn to Knit
18) Learn to make quilts (Done)
19) Learn to Appliqué (in theory I know how to do it, I just need a machine that can do it)
20) Go to cosmetology school
21) Learn how to take a picture so the subject comes out how my eye is seeing it, every time
22) Spelunking in Nutty Putty Caves (Done)
23) Run a 5K
24) Visit all 50 states
25) Celebrate New Years Eve in formal wear (not at a home, somewhere fun) (Done I guess. It wasn't formal wear but it was a party, it was fun and we did get to spend the night in a hotel and order room service)
26) Visit Nashville
27) See Mt. Rushmore (Done)
28) Go to New England in the fall
29) Eat a lobster in Maine (Done)
30) Visit the pretty parts of Wyoming
31) Go to Oregon!(I know this is the same as see all 50 states but it is just ridiculous that I haven’t been. I lived four hours away and have been to all the surrounding states!)(Done)
32) Have an annual pass to Disneyland (Done)
33) Visit the 10 largest cities in the US (I still need to go to New York, Philadelphia, and Phoenix. Well I may have been to Phoenix but I don’t remember it)
34) Go on a cruise
35) Fly in First Class (Done on the way to Puerto Vallarta)
36) Ride in a helicopter
37) Go to Canada
38) Watch a sunset on a Louisiana Bayou (Done)
39) Stay at the Ahwahnee hotel in Yosemite (Done)
40) Live in the heart of a big city, even if it is only for a few months
41) Go to an Olympics (It can be an event or a ceremony in either summer or winter)
42) Go to the top of the Space Needle (I have driven around it, but I want to go to the top)
43) Ride a ride on the top of the Stratosphere
44) See the Atlantic Ocean (Done)
45) Touch and drive across the Mississippi River (Done)
46) I think I would like to skydive, once
47) See the Northern Lights
48) Work at Disneyland (my dream job would be me working there as a character)
49) Get married/renew vows in Vegas
50) Own a .22 revolver and get a concealed weapons license (I had a .22 semi-automatic that I hated but I love my .38 revolver. However it’s a snub nose so I want a .22 with a long barrel that I can easily target shoot with)
51) Get a boob job and tummy tuck
52) Sit on the floor, by the team, at a NBA game (Done- Jazz vs. Suns)
53) Have my picture taken at the Great Wall in China
54) Go to the Sundance Film Festival and see a celebrity
55) See Pink Floyd in concert (Done)
56) Send Andrew on a mission
57) See both kids get sealed/married in the temple
58) Attend Broadway productions of The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Wicked (Done)
59) Go to a Dallas Cowboys football game
60) Go on a zip line through a jungle (Done)
61) See Niagara Falls (Sort-of done. I was in a plane, but I saw it)
62) Go to a play at Tuacahn
63) Do it somewhere it shouldn’t be done
64) See Phantom in Vegas
65) Get my picture taken in front of the Eiffel Tower
66) Go to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World
67) See U2 in concert (Should be done but hasn't been done. I do have tickets though!)
68) Do sessions at all the temples in Utah
69) Spend time in all the National Parks in Utah (Still need to hit Bryce, Canyonlands and Capitol Reef)
70) Go to the tulip festival in Skagit Washington

No comments: