Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New Recipe for June

I decided I wanted to try shredded beef soft tacos. I know it’s shocking that we have never made them before but we hadn’t. I got a small roast, put it in the crock pot with water and McCormick taco seasoning and cooked until “tender”. (It never got as tender as I had hoped) I made Chevy’s Beans ala Charra (pinto beans) and a packet of black beans and rice. We had shredded cheese, salsa, green onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro from my garden (EEE!) and avocado. I forgot to get out the sour cream but I don’t think we needed it. By the time we got everything into the shells we had something that resembled a burrito, not a taco!  Emma who is our pickiest gave it a 7 out of 10 and the rest of us gave it a 9 out of 10. The best part is there are tons of leftovers for lunch. Since it is a meal that took the good part of a day to make I won’t be doing it too often but it is great to have something new to put in our rotation. 

No comments: