Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Don’t Think Like a Sane Person


At the beginning of January 2008 I started reading the Janet Evanovich books staring Stephanie Plum as a bounty hunter. They should probably be rated R due to language, and I probably shouldn’t have read them for that reason, but my gosh, I fell in love.

Once I started I couldn’t get enough. I was able to get most through our library however I did find out that their copy of number five was missing. I almost had a convulsion. I quickly ordered it online and even with that delay I managed to read all 13 in just over a month. That is what happens in my world during the sucktastic month of January. I read or find things to entertain me while I feel like I am caught in a giant snow globe.

After I devoured all the books I felt a great sense of loss. I wanted those characters back in my life. I even read most of the between the numbers books out of desperation. Those are really lame-o. With a little research I found out that every June she releases a new book. I got giddy. I couldn’t wait.

June rolled around and I didn’t buy it. I considered it each time I was at Costco but never broke down. I think in my mind I couldn’t justify buying it since I didn’t own the others. I also hate to admit this but I think I wanted to avoid the let down I felt when I knew I was done and there wasn’t another book waiting. It would be like suffering that loss all over again. See I told you I’m nutters.

Around Christmas my mom asked if there was a book I would like. I told her Fearless Fourteen. Sure enough, I got it for Christmas. I have been reading two different series that I like to switch back and forth between. Because of that I hadn’t started my new book. Paul even asked what I was waiting for.

I got to a point where I needed a break in my one series and couldn’t get to the library to get the next book in the other series. I saw the glossy cover taunting me and I gave in. I started my relationship with Stephanie, Morelli and Ranger all over again. Pathetic. I know, I know!

It was great. I tried to savor it. I made it last almost five days LOL! Now I am missing my favorite characters again and counting down the days until June.

---------------------------------------------------

On my other blog I mentioned liking pink sunsets the best. We had one tonight and it was stunning. I almost missed it too. Thank goodness I got upstairs in time to see it.

No comments: