At 5:45 am the alarm went off and I popped out of bed to get ready for my first day ever at scout camp. Andrew popped out of bed too. He got in bed with Paul all wiggly with excitement while I showered. Paul was not pleased to be sharing a bed with our little buddy, especially before 6:00 am.
We got ready, everything loaded up and we were out the door by 6:4o am. Holy cow. We met up at the church where we divided and conquered the cub scouts. Four women and fourteen boys were on their way to Camp Jeremiah Johnson for the day.
Here is Andrew heading in.
We began the day with a lasso toss but since two scouts were missing I didn't get any pictures of that event. Once they were found I got my camera back out. After the lasso the boys made rope. Here is Andrew twirling the twine with another boy on the other end doing the same.
Here is the rope they made.
What good is rope if you don't play tug-o-war?
After tug-o-war each boy got their own length of rope to take home.
They got to build covered wagons.
Shoot bows and arrows.
They learned how to pan for gold.
Even the leaders got in on the action. Aren't we beautiful? Who can resist shooting a BB Gun?

I never thought I would see the day that Maggie held a gun in her hands!
Andrew loving every minute of this.
We ate lunch and then we moved on to another station where the boys made necklaces and then played some games like bean bag toss.
They they learned how to safely use a wrist rocket.
They shot across a cute little stream.

And this what what they were aiming at.
Then they learned a little rope tying
before the closing ceremony.
Rees told the boys that the minute the prayer was over to run as fast as they could to the trading post. They did just as she said and got to be first in line to buy pocket knives and other goodies before heading home.
I was nervous about going and didn't know what to expect but I am so glad that I got to go and have this experience with Andrew. For the most part the boys were totally well behaved and their excitement was exhilarating. I am so thankful that we were all kept safe and I am glad I got to spend the day with my wonderful friends. Really, it was a great day. Now I want to sleep.
We ate lunch and then we moved on to another station where the boys made necklaces and then played some games like bean bag toss.
They they learned how to safely use a wrist rocket.
They shot across a cute little stream.
And this what what they were aiming at.
Then they learned a little rope tying
before the closing ceremony.
Rees told the boys that the minute the prayer was over to run as fast as they could to the trading post. They did just as she said and got to be first in line to buy pocket knives and other goodies before heading home.
I was nervous about going and didn't know what to expect but I am so glad that I got to go and have this experience with Andrew. For the most part the boys were totally well behaved and their excitement was exhilarating. I am so thankful that we were all kept safe and I am glad I got to spend the day with my wonderful friends. Really, it was a great day. Now I want to sleep.

4 comments:
I love this post!! The pics are great! I'm especially fond of the one with us in our sexy goggles ;-) It was so much fun to be up there with you and Maggie and Stacey. You girls ROCK!
I appreciate the pictures of what camp was like. Now I have some visuals to use while Caleb relates his camp experience with me.
What a fun day! I am excited to find your blog and see your family. I LOVE the mohawk!
I'm jealous of you guys going up to Jeremiah Johnson with the scouts. I've loved going there the last three years-this is the first year I won't get to go. I love the pictures and I'm glad you and Andrew had such a great time!
Post a Comment