Thursday, June 04, 2009

Quilting

Being self-taught often makes me feel like I’m and idiot.

There are so many little stupid things that I don’t know until it’s either too late or I have to figure them out the hard way. A couple of days ago for instance I found out that from where the needle goes down to the outside of the foot on my machine is a scant ¼”. I found this out after marking the crap out of and sewing four out of five of the squares. I was so excited to test my theory that I sewed two pieces together incorrectly. Oh well. Live and learn.

I've made a lot of progress on my wall hanging, even with several errors. It is actually going together much quicker than I expected.The plan was to get it done by Friday. Now I am delusional enough to think that I can finish it today, by 2:00pm. Hahahahaha! (See all those pieces that are left? Hahahahaha) The kids are going to Movie Thursday at the neighbors house so I have two hours to run errands. I have to go to Orem so it would be great if I could drop it off today.

I figure that even if I don't drop it off until Friday or Saturday it will only be out for two weeks. I can bind it in a day or so and have it up by the beginning of July. I keep my patriotic stuff out until after 9/11 so I will have a lot of time to enjoy it.

Ah, the best laid plans. Wish me luck!

~Update~

It's NOT going to happen.

There is no way I am getting the quilt top done by 2:00. Especially if I plan on getting a shower. There were just too many games of Go Fish that had to be played.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your teach yourself skills are pretty awesome!! I haven't used my sewing maching for anything other than scrapbook pages. Seriously... the machine has never seen a scrap of fabric. Sad.