And I'm tired.
My week started with me determined to take it easy. I was tired from the trip to South Dakota. I was also relieved that I had taught my lesson in Relief Society. I didn't have anything on my plate, except laundry. I felt like I deserved a break so I took one. I did some laundry but not much else. I sewed a little. While doing things throughout the day I noticed that my left underarm was really sore. I figured I had pulled a muscle.
Tuesday I had planned on more relaxing but instead got more arm pain. It was really bothering me. I just had to figure it was some kind of injury, I am pretty clumsy, but the pain had started to go down from my armpit to my elbow. It hurt the whole way. Late Tuesday evening I my hand started to go numb. It freaked me out so I drove to urgent care. I had a faint red line exactly where the pain was, indicating an infection but no other signs like a fever. I was prescribed antibiotics, told that if the numbness got worse to see a different doctor and then I was sent on my way. It is so frustrating to be in a lot of pain, to know something is really wrong and not have anyone know what is causing it.
Wednesday I woke up with more pain. It was moving toward my wrist. The line was still there and there was redness near my elbow. I was really worried. If it was an infection in my blood it might go to my heart. Who knew? The doctors didn't. I filled my prescription and went about my day the best I could. The kids had a craft camp at Robert's making T-shirts and we did a couple of other things.
Late Wednesday I asked Paul for a blessing. We tried to call our neighbor Cameron. When we called him they weren't home. I was really worried but it was late and I didn't want to bug anyone. I tried to just let it go but I wasn't doing a very good job. When the phone rang at 10:30 pm and I heard Cameron's voice I broke down. I felt such relief and gratitude that he chose to return our call even though it was late. He came right over and helped Paul give me a blessing.
Thursday my arm seemed to start getting better and I was very thankful. The red line has turned into a bruise. It is hard to see in the picture but it runs about 5-6 inches. I still have some sore spots but it's better.
Sorry about the nasty armpit picture. I haven't been shaving it since it was so sore. Eeew!
It is amazing how much a right-handed person relies on their left arm! I was still sore and was still taking it easy. The kids went to movie day at Jenna's and then later that evening I went out for a while. I knew I should take my camera, but I didn't and I missed a rainbow. Bugger!
Friday we got ready for our stay-cation in Provo for the Stadium of Fire. More details on our holiday weekend coming later.




1 comment:
Ouch! Sorry about your arm. I hope it heals up quickly.
Post a Comment