Our stake president asked everyone to plant a garden this year. He said it didn't matter how big or how small; just plant one and share your excess. As I have said we were late putting our is. I almost didn't do it. This year I didn't plant my seeds in little foam cups in March. I didn't watch them grown to healthy plants before putting them in the ground. I didn't do much beside till the ground and throw down seeds. I really didn't know if anything would come of our little garden. Today Emma and I harvested peas to use for our dinner. (I will be posting the recipe tomorrow)

The beans are coming on strong and won't be far behind.
I have a zucchini that will be ready in a week or less.
I will have a grape tomato soon as well.

What a thrill it is. I am so glad that we followed the counsel of our stake president. I feel like we have been blessed for doing what we were asked to do. I love using the things that we have grown. The feeling is just amazing.



No comments:
Post a Comment