So, the quilt top that I just finished was really fun to make because it was easy to do but still looked interesting. The colors aren't really me, as I've said before, but I loved it anyway. The greedy part of me got to thinking this sure would be awesome in pinks and greens. I could probably do another one.
Many of the online quilt shops were having great sales over the 4th of July weekend so I took advantage. I bought myself some fabric to make a quilt that was all me! I planned on doing it just like the last one only in "my colors". When the fabric came I about cried it was so beautiful and so me. I don't know what could be more me than this.

As I started matching things up I noticed that there wasn't enough contrast.It didn't take long before I knew my plan was foiled. I almost started to panic. What was I going to do with all this awesome rainbow sherbet colored fabric?
I started looking around online for ideas and I saw this (Isn't it adorable!?!) on The Pattern Basket blog. It had given me an idea. I wanted to do the whole thing in offset rectangles. I tested out my idea by folding the fabrics in thirds and you know what? I think I love it. It will be simplistic but that's okay with me. I will get to see all the colors and patterns the way they were meant to be seen. So today I jumped in with both feet and cut my whole layer cake into thirds.
I had heart palpitations, I'll admit it. I'm still worried that I won't like it in the end since I am not working with a pattern. Life is a risk. What's the worst that can happen? I have a quilt that looks like sherbet vomit.





No comments:
Post a Comment