Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Backened Chicken Alfredo

This recipe is so quick and easy. I make a big batch of the rub and keep it in a small tupperware in the cupboard. I use a Foreman Grill for the chicken and dinner is served in about 15 minutes.

RUB INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 3 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper


ALFREDO INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup heavy cream


You will also need:
1-2 chicken breasts
Penne or Corkscrew pasta

DIRECTIONS

Get a pot of water boiling for pasta. Cook pasta according to directions. Sprinkle the rub onto one uncooked chicken breast. I use a lot. Grill the chicken. While the chicken is cooking combine alfredo ingredients and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is formed. Toss with penne pasta that is cooked and drained. I use a little more than half a bag of pasta. Once chicken is cooked serve over pasta that has been tossed with the sauce. I cut it horizontally into about six strips. We like this with garlic bread and if it is a good night, a salad.


1 comment:

MamaBug said...

Looks yummy. Now how many of my kids would eat it?