I can't really explain why, but now that I am no longer working retail this is one of my favorite days of the year. I guess it is because I hated to work during the holidays so much. I hated spending time at work when all I wanted was to be with my family. I still have a hatred for the holidays because of my many years in retail. I saw so many ugly things. The spirit of the season was totally lost because of greed. So many people just straight up sucked.
For some reason though, now that no one can dictate when I have to work and when I have to put up with the crazies, I celebrate it by joining the crowds and spending money. I want it known that I treat retail workers like gold while I am shopping. I feel for them but there is a feeling of freedom I get when I go out that is wonderful. I am so thankful that I no longer have to work, especially during the holidays.
This year we were met with several challenges. The last two years we have spent Thanksgiving night at my parent's. Paul and I would wake up and leave the kids sleeping with them. This year that wasn't an option. There was also all the crazy hours to contend with. Some places opened at midnight, others at 3:00 a.m. and then there was the regular 5 & 6 a.m. sales. There was no way I was staying up all night. Paul didn't want to get up early because we would have to wake the kids to take them to his parent's. I got up and showered at 7:30. We woke up the kids and were dropping off them off, in their PJ's by 9:00 a.m.
Andrew didn't want to get up.
It was on.


We appreciated that they were serving donut holes and apple juice. This picture was taken while we were "refueling."


After that we headed to Draper/Sandy. There were amazing deals at Kohl's but the lines were more than we could tolerate.
That morning while Paul was in the shower I took advantage of some of Kohl's early bird specials online. I wanted to buy him a new robe but got leery when I read one size fits most. While we were at the store I asked him to try one on. I thought if it fit I could always go back and place another order. It was just as I thought, Paul isn't most. Apparently most men aren't 6'2" with broad shoulders and long arms LOL! We were giggling so hard.







1 comment:
Is Andrew's bed from IKEA? Because I think my boy has the same one.
And I hope your fortune comes true!
Post a Comment