Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Week of All Hallows Eve

This was going to be a busy, crazy, week. Monday was FHE and as a family we finished the Book of Mormon. It was a very emotional, wonderful time for me. I am so glad that we read it as a family and the Spirit confirmed to me that what we did was right and that it is true. Awesome!

Tuesday we went out to dinner with some friends and that is when we realized Andrew was getting sick. NO! It's the week of Halloween. You are not allowed to be sick for Halloween. What about all the festivities?

Wednesday was the school's skate night/costume party. We thought if he was sick like Emma was last week he would still be able to go, but he was more sick than Emma. He was running a fever. Emma got dressed up and went to the party. Paul was so kind to take her. They were there for a long time! I'm not sure I would have been so nice.
Thursday he still wasn't better. We were suppose to go to the Halloween Party at Grandma Fern's home that night but we decided that taking a child that had been feverish to an assisted living facility was a very bad idea. It's too bad because the Summerfield's Halloween parties have become a tradition over the last few years. That night Andrew was up and about. He ate dinner, did homework and teased his sister! He was recovered and just in the nick of time!

Friday was the school parties and costume parade. Here is my little pirate.
I took some pictures of other costumes I thought were cute. It's the stinger on this one that I loved.
I'm wondering how he did this and how he held it for the whole parade.
This sweet little jelly-fish is one of my favorites. It's Emily from our ward and I had been wanting a picture. It isn't a great one but you get the idea.
Emma being a total ham.
Check out Kyle in his fireman's costume.
I did a cookie decorating station. Can you believe the majority of the kids didn't like cookies? What is this world coming to?
Here is Janna our faithful room-mom. She is the mouse that goes with the cheese in the picture of Emma above. They were adorable!
Beth made root-beer for the class.
Emma decorating her cookie
All the moms that helped. (Yes I am missing an "eyebrow." The headpiece rubbed it off.)
Friday night Emma had a party at her friend Kelsey's. Paul and I had been invited to a couples party but didn't think we would be able to go. Emma wouldn't be home to watch Andrew and we didn't know if he would be feeling well so we pretty much thought we were out of luck. When he started feeling better I started to have hope that we would be able to attend. I asked my mom, who was coming for the parade, if she would stay late and she said yes. She also agreed to get Emma picked up from her party. Score!

We showed up and found out the party was being hosted by Martha herself!
We had swine flu, a flower, Maleficent, a flapper and an 80's rocker as the first to arrive.
For the guys we had another 80's rocker, Captain Jack, Abraham Lincoln, a surgeon, Ryan and a germaphobe.
I couldn't get over how great Brad looked.
The food was really good and it' s a good thing because this was the night of the split pea soup disaster.
Paul and I
Brad and Jill
Danny and Kameo
Jeff and Jen
Jason and Jennifer
Mark and Stephanie
Ryan and Joslyn
The party was crashed by KISS
Brad won best costume.
We had several other couples show up after pictures so I missed getting them. It was a lot of fun playing games and hanging out. I am glad we were able to go.

No comments: