Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reflections

This year we decided to try our hand at Reflections. We had never participated before. I was completely intimidated. When we heard the theme, "Beauty Is...", we knew we could do something.

Emma started planning at the beginning of the year but then lost interest until pretty much the day before everything was due. I guess that's just how we roll around here. (Rolling eyes)

She entered a poem and a picture that she took in our backyard. She got an honorable mention for her photo. Thursday we went to the ceremony where she was rewarded a medal and a certificate for her poem. She was so excited to win something. They also gave away a great gift bag to all who participated. I was wishing Andrew had submitted something so we could have gotten twice the goodies.

Now that I have seen how it all works we will be a lot more at ease next year. I am guessing we have many more years of Reflections in our future.




1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Congrats girl! You did great!

This is the first year my boys haven't participated in Reflections, I just couldn't get them excited about it this year.