Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I think I'm having a panic attack

The thought of what it is going to cost to get these quilted is making me break out in a sweat. I can nickel and dime away thousands and not bat an eye but when I have to put down more than a hundred dollars at any one time I get nervous. Can't explain it, it's just they way I am. Anyway this is going to cost a lot more than what I am comfortable with. Should I trick myself and take them in one at a time? I may just have to do that. I think I will.

This is my Figgy Pudding Christmas quilt I made this past November. I know you have seen it on the other blog but since I will delete that sometime this year I wanted it over here too. It is suppose to have a red border but I didn't like it so I am using the red as the binding. It might be on the bottom of my priority list since Christmas is so far away.
Same story on this one. I don't think I have put it on this blog and I know I haven't taken a picture of it since I straightened it.
I love all the different types of fabrics in this one. It will be bound in a peachy colored pinstriped fabric.
This one I have been working on, off and on, for months. I had issue with this (block directions) and issues with that (size, should it be bigger?) and finally said screw it. It's never going to be perfect so I just used most of what I had and made it as big as I could. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on it. It was suppose to be my super cheap quilt. I got the layer cake for a screamin' deal, the red border was free (filled up a frequent shopper card) and I opted to use four pieces of clearance fabric to piece for the back rather than using them to make more squares to make the front bigger. I think all in all it could still be considered a bargain quilt.
It would be cute to have out for Valentine's Day since it has so many pinks and reds. I wonder if I can get it back in time... It will be bound in the green fabric with the dots and flowers that you can see toward the bottom center.
Here is another Christmas quilt. This one I put together in just a couple of days. Don't look too closely or you will be able to tell. The blocks would. not. line. up. Oh it was buggin'. I tired really hard too. Once again I said screw it and just slapped on the borders. Some of the blocks are off by more than a 1/4".
I got fabric the fabric for this at an after Christmas sale with a gift card from my parents. Emma loves it so some day she might inherit it. The paisley on the outer border is a bit too busy for my liking but it's what I had so I used it. (This is why I love to buy kits. I have a hard time "seeing" how it is really going to look when I am picking fabrics out.) It will be bound in the same red holly fabric that you see on the inner border.

The good news is I had a bunch of pieces of the layer cake left over since I only used the Christmas colors. There was enough to start another quilt with them. I will work on that one Thursday at quilt group. It is and unexpected bonus!

I have two quilts planned that are sort-of quilt as you go quilts. I am excited to think that I don't have to pay a quilter and terrified to try something new. I'm even more terrified that I will screw them up!

Anyway, that's what I have been working over the last several months. Hopefully there will be more to show soon since my goal is to spend less and sew more. I really don't like the sewing part as much as the spending part though.

Shopping for the beautiful fabrics is what makes quilting fun LOL!

2 comments:

MamaBug said...

Beautiful quilts! I want to learn, but I'm afeared. ;)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What lovely quilts - you did a great job on all of them! Ouch - it will be expensive, but they'll be lovely all quilted up!!