Friday, January 15, 2010

January

January is never a good month for me. We've had a horrid inversion lately. Usually you can see the whole valley and across the lake to the west mountains but on this day you could hardly see anything.
I was starting to get pretty down so I did some things to help snap myself out of it.

My visiting teachers were coming over Wednesday so I got the house straightened up (to my standards at least) and I finally found my snowmen/winter stuff to put out. I didn't even worry that it is sort-of late and Valentine's Day is coming. I put them out anyway. The house has been looking so bare since Christmas. There was nothing on the piano or any of my knickknack shelves. Having my snowmen out has brought a smile to my face.



I baked some banana bread.
I took my change into the bank. This had $77 dollars in it!!!
I've made a point to exercise every day this week, sometimes at home, sometimes at the rec. center.
It helps that some of the gunk has moved out of the valley too. I've opened all my blinds open and thoroughly enjoyed my bright sunny house.
Yesterday I went to quilt group and got a few rows sewn on a couple of different projects.

Now I just need to hang on until February.

To help me get excited and perky again I need to start gathering stuff for Valentine's Day. I am making candy bouquets for everyone. I can't wait much longer or everything red/white/pink will be gone. One problem, we don't know when we are going to get to celebrate Valentine's this year. We have a hotel reserved in Moab for presidents weekend but it's not looking like we are going to go. It has been freakishly cold down there so we might just stay home. If we do go we will have to celebrate Valentine's early. I'm okay with that but I need to be prepared.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hate January so much! We haven't had clear skies in weeks and I'm sick of staring at clouds and fog. ARGH!

Wingnut said...

I hear ya! January is not fun around here either. But! Do I spy some Jim Shore items? I love Jim Shore!