As you probably know this is going around like wild fire on Facebook. Of course I struggled thinking about what to put but as soon as I posted it I thought up a bunch of other things I could have listed.
Example; I am Ziploc challenged. That's random right? I am unable to open a resealable package (think shredded cheese) in the right place so that I can separate the bag or I cut it too close and then it doesn't seal ever again. Also I get stuff stuck in the track so that interferes with closing the bag. I also keep clothes pins around so when I can't get it zipped again I can just clip it shut. I'm a lost cause. Oh well.
Here are 25 random things about me. (this list was created last Thursday)
1. I am the oldest child in my family, that's not saying much since there are only two of us
2. My grandma was married at 18, my mom 19 and I was 20 (yes, my anniversary is two days before my birthday just for that reason. I don't recommend it. You get screwed out of gifts!)
3. I really want to go to school to become a hair stylist
4. At one point I was determined to be an elementary ed teacher, then I had kids. What was I thinking?
5. My nickname is sleepies because I love to take three hour long naps
6. I have had so many pet cats in my life I can't even begin to count them, it's well over 30.
7. I didn't start to read for fun or relaxation until three years ago. Since then I have read tons of books. I just needed to find the right genre. Last January (I hate Jan. and Winter so I just sat at home pouting) I read 13 books in one month.
8. I love musicals and have seen a lot of them. All different kinds. I would love to be in one (wouldn't it be sooo cool to live the "Broadway Musical Life" in New York, at least for a minute? ) but I can't sing...at all
9. I have seen Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Stone Temple Pilots, Evanescence, James Blunt and Garth Brooks in concert. There are many others but I can't think of them now. I think it is part of the reason I have some hearing loss.
10. I am a craft addict. I quilt, scrapbook, make cards, crochet, cross stitch, needle point and plan to learn to knit.
11. I love taking pictures. I average thousands each year. It takes a toll on my computers.
12. I love being a wife and mother but being a mom is a lot harder than I thought
13. I have two amazing kids who challenge me, love me and look up to me, a lot. I still can't get over the fact that I am raising humans LOL!
14. I love murder mystery books. I don't like blood and gore though so mine are really light and fluffy and often revolve around shopping and fashion.
15. I can't move past my love of 80's music. I don't think I will ever outgrow it.
16. I have one cat whom I love but once he is gone we will be pet free, forever. I don't like sharing my house with animals and would like to experience wearing clothes that aren't covered in hair. Also I feel tremendous guilt when we travel. I hate leaving him alone.
17. I love to travel as see new places but get nervous and anxious as the trip approaches. I worry about what to pack, if I'm forgetting something and what is the cat going to do and is out house going to be in one piece when we return. I also don't like flying unless the whole family is with me. If something bad happens then at least we're all together.
18. I really want to live in a big city. Even if it is only for a year. I would love to have a little apartment right in the heart of it all where you can hear the sounds of traffic and the hustle and bustle of life.
19. I am a terrible housekeeper. The idea of a clean kitchen and empty sink before bed appeals to me but it rarely is executed.
20. I secretly love pants that stretch out during the day. I can illude myself into thinking I have miraculously lost 10 pounds in a matter of hours.
21. I would be lost without a computer. If I didn't have Paul though I would probably wouldn't even know how to turn one on.
22. I am addicted to all things digital. Photos, blogging, internet and scrapbooking. It is awesome! I didn't want to like it either.
23. I have no coordination. Zero. I'm lucky I can walk.
24. I would love to visit all 50 states but have only been to 16 so I have a long way to go
25. I learned to drive on a car that was a stick shift. It was all I drove for years. I got 100 % on my driving test with that car however now I don't want to drive one ever. Paul left me his today so he could take the SUV skiing and I think I am just going to stay home.
1 comment:
I just love your list, Mignonne!! I was cracking up so hard :) You are a funny writer ;) Thanks for sharing all of those random things1
Post a Comment