This past school year the kids earned free passes to Seven Peaks for being a Peak Readers. Paul took the day off so we could have a nice family day. Of course we chose to go on what I am pretty sure is the last valid day for the pass. We ran into Rees and Kari there and saw one other family from our ward so apparently we aren't the only procrastinators LOL!
We started pricing everything out and we were shocked that Seven Peak's website boasts about affordable family fun. Good grief. They nickel and dime you to death. They charge an arm and a leg for the day ticket, they charge for parking, they charge for tube rentals, they charge you for shade and the food is expensive. Luckily the kids were free, we had a buy one get one half off coupon for Paul and I and then at the entrance we signed up to listen to a time share presentation over the weekend and got a gift card that paid for about half of our entrance fee. Plus we will get a mini-getaway, gas money and $100 restaurant gift card. We love getting free gifts from time share presentations. We have gotten really good at saying, "no, we just want the gifts."

Back to the important stuff. The kids were so excited to go. So excited! See, that's excited.
I was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing. Paul and I hadn't been there since the 90's and didn't know what to expect. I wanted to know where the kids were but also wanted them to feel like they had some freedom. I think we did that pretty successfully.
We rented a cabana because we wanted to make sure we had some shade but it was so far away (thus the surprisingly reasonable rate) that we hardly used it. It was also much bigger than we expected.
I think the kids managed to go on just about everything big and scary at least once. They are such dare devils. It blows my mind that they want to try the biggest and craziest slides.
Both kids did the blue slide on the right and Emma did the yellow slide.
Emma and Paul getting ready to go on the Boomerang while Andrew and I waited for the "Toilet Bowl"
This is what we call the toilet bowl.Andrew picking out his wedgie.
That is Emma way. up. there.
Yes those are her feet.
Pretty excited that she did it.
Andrew in the wave pool.
Andrew coming down the big slide. Great splash little buddy.
Here goes Emma for round two. I did better with the camera this time.
This is the Boomerang. Who thought this was a good idea? I missed Paul and Emma going down it for the first time. Andrew and I were in line waiting for the "Toilet Bowl" slide and we didn't make it in time to catch them.Here goes Emma on her second trip down. She went three times today.
Andrew and I decided to go too. We were both really nervous. The first drop is a doozy.


We were both glad when it was over.
Can you spot Emma? Here's a hint. She is on the yellow slide.
Toward late afternoon all the sport camp kids from BYU came by the bus loads. As a matter of fact a herd of boys had taken over our cabana while we were away even though our neighbors had told them is was rented and our stuff was still there. Idiots! We kicked them out then ended up leaving shortly after since it was getting so crowded.
It was fun and we will do it again next year if they offer the same Peak Reader program. I guess we better start saving now ;)






4 comments:
Maybe I'm weird, or just a big coward, but NONE of that looks fun to me!
That is one cool water park! I would love to go someplace like that when my kids are older and I can enjoy the slides too! Great pics.
Looks like fun! I would be way too chicken to go on the Boomerang one! Glad you got a good deal. It seems like family fun is so expensive these days!
Looks like you are having such a fun summer with your kids. The Hawaii pictures ALMOST make me want to scrap book, but I will contain myself. Cute, cute blog....good job! Keep on bloggin!
Post a Comment