Last night we taste tested the chocolate ice cream cake I won from Cold Stone while I was in the audience of Good Things Utah. The ganache was a bit too dark chocolaty for my tastes but the inside was good.


This morning I had forgotten that it is St. Patrick's Day. I got up 15 minutes before the kids. I went and did some playing on the computer when I saw a reminder on Facebook from Paul's aunt to "wear green". Eeek! I hurried into the closet where we keep off season clothes and found these little beauties.It is too cold to wear them alone so I threw them on over my other pj's. Paul HATES these pants more than words can describe. He insisted on taking a picture of me (I think he assumed I would hurry out of them, but no, I kept them on just for him)


I rushed upstairs and started making green eggs for the kids. They wanted green milk on their cereal and to drink. Of course I obliged.

We got them all dress in green from head to toe and sent them off to school.


Now my work begins. I have a to do list that I have to complete before the kids get home.
Last year I worked on St. Patrick's Day and didn't have the table set when the kids arrived back from school. I didn't think too much of it since I was still going to have a green dinner but when Andrew came in from school he went right to the dining room and came out with tears. He was so disappointed that I hadn't followed the tradition they have come to love.
Whenever there is a holiday like Valentine's or St. Patrick's Day I have the table all decked out when they come home and they have to wait patiently for Paul's return from work. I thought they would get a kick out of helping me decorate last year but they didn't. They like to come home to a surprise.
Tonight we are having Pesto pasta and grilled chicken (not Irish, but green), green rolls, salad, maybe jell-o, and green grapes. On the table we will have the green table cloth, green and gold candies like Reese's peanut butter cups (I keep out green and gold candies from Christmas just for this holiday) , I found a bag of all green M&M's, I plan to make Rice Crispy Treats with some green food coloring for dessert, I have gold coins and plan to get a balloon bouquet with a few other little fun goodies up my sleeve. Of course there will be lots of pictures.
I just love days like today!!!





1 comment:
I was just relieved that their school uniforms have green in them! I did throw a candybar into their lunchboxes though.
Post a Comment