Back in February (the 11th to be exact) I earned another free photo book by installing an Iphoto upload tool from Shutterfly. I was wondering how long they would give me to redeem it, a day? No they said I had until March 4th. I was so excited. I knew I could come up with something great in that amount of time.
I had a brain block. There was not one ounce of creativity flowing in my body. I kept waiting for an idea to hit me and nothing came. I had decided to just make a book of random memories. It was a copout, using old pages that had already been made and have been sitting on my external for years, but it also seemed like a good way to get them printed.
On March 4th I got my good idea with only hours to spare. Good grief why does it always happen that way? I threw out the idea of a collection of old pages and went with memories from all of our Disneyland trips. I got home from work around 3:00pm and had to hurry and scan in old pictures, make up pages (I did get to use four that I already had!), upload them and order the book. I did it. It isn’t great, but I did it.
The only thing that really matters is that the kids love it. Since it is for them that is all that really matters. I will always look at it and wish I had had more time to make it a better or I will think “that element should be there too” or “I should have flipped that piece of paper so it is a mirror image” but I have to stop thinking like that since it is on it’s way.
One of these days I hope to be prepared and end up a really great book.










2 comments:
Okay you've got to tell me what program you use to make such cute pages- you even have the Disney font!
By the way if it wasn't for the creativity that comes to me at the last minute I would've never finished high school let alone college.
Gorgeous, gorgeous LO's...you are very talented.
Cece
Post a Comment