Monday, April 06, 2009

Conference Coma

Oh come on. Don't try to tell me you don't know what I am talking about. 30 minutes into yesterdays conference Paul and I slipped into the deepest mid-day slumber we have enjoyed in years. Thank goodness for Tivo.

Today I am suffering the repercussions. I feel wasted. The last time I looked at the clock (I admit, it was while stumbling to the potty) it was 3:00 AM. I know I had dozed of a little but the TV was going until 2:00 AM and I was watching it the whole time. At best I had gotten 30 minutes of sleep by 3:00 AM. When the alarm went off this morning I knew I was in trouble.

This is where it gets tricky. If I take a nap today so I can function like a normal human being I will be falling into the same trap. I won't be able to sleep tonight. If I drink caffeine, you guessed it, I won't sleep tonight. I guess I will have to find a way to push through. Maybe a morning walk and shower will perk me up but what I'd really like is to fall back into bed.

No comments: