Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Trip to Paradise

Yesterday we began our journey to Maui, Hawaii. I didn’t sleep well Sunday night. I told Paul I felt betrayed by my body. I wish I could overcome my subconscious but so far I haven’t mastered that. I was nervous and because of that I only got about five hours of sleep.

We got the kids up and took them to school and ran a few errands. My mom and dad came and we briefed them on what to do while we were gone and then off we went.

We had lunch before getting to the airport. I didn’t talk much, I was still nervous. I was worried about leaving the kids, I was worried about our layover in LAX, and I was worried about whether or not I would like Hawaii. When we got the airport I realized there was something else to worry about. My habit of over packing. Our luggage was too heavy. With some creative adjusing we got that fixed and off we went through security wondering what we could leave behind so we wouldn’t have the same issue coming home.

We got into LAX without any problems

and even had time to pick up some McDonalds. (barf) We then began our journey over the Pacific. I am a slightly nervous flyer at best. The thought of flying over water with no possibilities of emergency landing, on ground, freaked me out. Five hours over water!

I did okay though thanks to in-flight entertainment. We watched Quantum of Solace while on the flight. If Daniel Craig doesn’t get my mind on other things, nothing will! That is one hot piece of…..man. After a little while we both watched Slum Dog Millionaire. It was a really great movie but there are some things you wish you could go throughout life not knowing.

We arrived in Maui after sunset and in the middle of a rain storm. The humidity, oh the humidity. Immediately my elbow pits were sticky and my face felt tacky. We had no idea what anything looked like since it was so dark. We got our car and made our way on the hour drive to our hotel. We got checked in, dropped off our stuff and then went back out for food. Nothing was open except Taco Bell. After eating I was able to appreciate our room a little better. It is awesome. It has the living and kitchen area, the large bedroom area and two full baths. It also has two lanais, one off of each room.


We finally got to bed after 11:00pm. That is past three in the morning Utah time. I didn’t even take the time to shower off the 3,000 plus miles of grime I had picked up. Eww.

At close to two AM we hear alarms and sirens and voices saying to get outside and avoid elevators. We were so discombobulated that we had no idea what was going on. I went and used the bathroom LOL! As we were just getting on clothes the voice came back saying it was a false alarm and to ignore the request. Good grief. It is hard to settle down after that. We did and then slept in until 6:30 am. Even though it isn’t a full nights rest our bodies know that it is past 10:00 in Utah.

Our view is gorgeous and I think we are going to have a marvelous time in Paradise.

No comments: