Monday, April 13, 2009

Saturday, April 11th

Saturday was double duty. It was the neighborhood Eater Egg hunt and Andrew's real birthday. We went to hunt eggs and candy Saturday morning. It was chilly and it had just finished raining. The kids were allowed to find 12 eggs filled with candy, as much candy as they could get their hands on and there was of course the golden egg. That is what it was really all about. The kids didn't care much about the other stuff, they wanted the golden egg. After the golden egg was found (It was not found by my children.) we had donuts, juice and time to visit with neighbors.
My battery was almost dead so all I got were some crappy "action shots" (AKA fuzzy pictures)


We went back home and get ready to shift gears and celebrate Andrew's birthday. We took him to Applebee's in Taylorsville for his lunch. Grandma and Grandpa met us there.
Gotta keep yourself busy while they got your seat ready.
They sang Happy Birthday to Andrew and brought him a small dessert. He knew he was getting ice cream so he decided to eat just the whipped cream which all fell off into his hand somehow. He made a huge mess. It reminded me of his first birthday!
After lunch we headed to Leatherby's . We need to plan better and get a restaurant that is further away from the ice cream. We let him open all of his gifts while we all enjoyed the best ice cream on earth.

I adore their ice cream murals.

Andrew got several books for his birthday including more gross jokes. I'm not sure what I was thinking.
This is an automatic Nerf gun. It shoots 25 bullets in rapid succession. Good Times, Good Times!
After lunch and dessert we went home and got back into Easter mode and colored eggs. Andrew didn't want any part of it but once he saw Emma he joined in. They color the dozen cooked eggs and hadn't had enough. I now have two dozen of the prettiest raw eggs I have ever seen!

No comments: