Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter


Yes that is going to be our family Easter picture for 2009.

Saturday night I spent hours finishing up my lesson that I had been working on for two weeks. It was one of the hardest things I have had to in a long time. Once that came together I felt such a relief that I started baking, prepping and cleaning for Easter. I was working in the kitchen until after 11:00 pm. Saturday night and I got up at 7:00 am Easter morning to do some more dinner prep. I still had to bake the rolls (I froze the dough so they would be fresh and hot when it came time to eat) and make frosting for the cupcake that I had made. I whipped up three different colors for Emma to use. She decorated the cupcakes before church. They turned out adorably.
Mid-morning we got the kids dressed and let them hunt for their baskets. They found them and we took some pictures outside by the beautiful tress with their blossoms. Here are some of my favorite shots.
Emma right as she found her basket.
Andrew when he found his basket and the treat inside.
The kids together
Andrew looking so handsome in his suit.
I think I only got one picture where he wasn't showing off his ball.
Another one of Emma since she cooperates so well.
Emma with her ball. These were a huge hit!
This is my favorite shot of the day. I asked for one of them together and she kissed him all on her own.
My parents arrived right before church and for some unknown reason we didn't take a family photo. Each year I painstakingly pick matching Easter outfits for the whole family. I do this for one reason and one reason only. For the picture. This year I didn't get us matching outfits.I bought Emma a pretty dress. Andrew needed a suit for his upcoming baptism and Paul and I wore the same clothes that we wore to the wedding. We didn't all match but we wouldn't have been gross by each other. I would have liked a picture.

After church the kids wanted to play and I was ready to decompress and relax since the stress of my lesson was finally 100% behind me. The next thing I knew we were all in comfy clothes without even discussing the possibility of taking a photo together. And that my friends is how we got the craptastic family photo above.

After that we hurried and cooked dinner. While we were waiting we all enjoyed the snacks that I had lovingly prepared for what I knew would be a hungry impatient crowd.

Dang it I took the picture before I sprinkled them with paprika. They were delicious if I do say so myself.
Dinner turned out really well as did dessert. (Thank you Marie Calendar's and Macey's for the awsome sale on pies a while back!)

We watched the video that the church had put on their website and felt the Spirit. It was a great Easter.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Did you say you got those glitter balls at Walmart??? At our school, the Books Are Fun display had an orange one for $10. I thought it would be awesome to use in my class, but couldn't justify the cost. I will have to check out Wally World! It's a shame one had to tumble down the mountain... : (

Jill said...

I wish I could have heard your lesson on Sunday...I heard it was awesome :)

rlg said...

What beautiful babies. Some grandmother must be really proud! So glad Andrew got another ball. And yes, your lesson was awesome. It really was.