I have been dying to blog the pictures from this morning but decided I would wait until the kids were home from school. Well they just made it home and only had great things to report. Emma made a new friend and she happens to live right next door. Andrew has a hot girl in his class and both kids still love their teachers. As a mother I can't ask for anything more!
The kids got up a little bit earlier than usual today and had a nutritious meal of Apple Jacks.

Bead Head

The clothes were all set out and ready to go.


The kids were ready in record time. It left us lots of time for the traditional pictures!

Emma bought this bag for herself at the BYU bookstore on Saturday.

I love this one. I love them. I get emotional just thinking about it.

Poor Emma. I pushed up her pants so I could put lotion on her legs and didn't get them back even. Oops.
I may love the kids but I'm not loving the shoes.

Daddy wanted to drive them to school. I followed them so I could take more pictures.
Since Emma is in the 6th grade now this will be the last picture that I will get to take on the steps of this school. It is so hard for me to accept that.
This is also the last time that Emma and Andrew will ever be in the same school. That sort of breaks my heart too. I love knowing that they have each other there.

I think our school is the best. The principal is out each year to greet the kids and assure the weepy moms and dads (yes we were a tad emotional today) that they would take good care of our kids. She is a lovely lady and a great principal.

I waited outside for the bus to come.

Here is Emma and her new friend Julia walking home.

I missed Andrew getting off the bus but here is is walking home.

I think my kids are incredible and I love them. I am also very proud of them. They are smart and funny and loving. They have their moments of course but not a day goes by that I don't feel grateful to have them. I am also very thankful that they both had a great day!



No comments:
Post a Comment