Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting on Pins and Needles

I think we are ready. The new clothes and shoes have been purchased.
Emma somehow always ends up with more. We got some great deals this year. Several of the shirts were bought at TJ Maxx in South Dakota for $3. 
Andrew got his fair share.
We had sworn that we would only buy one pair of shoes this year. This is the pair Emma picked. They are women's shoes. She can no longer fit into girls tennis shoes. 
We stumbled on a great sale at the Crocs store while in Park City and ended up getting them a couple of pairs each to wear while it is still hot. 
I happen to love these.
 After much persuasion Andrew gave up the white shoes he had picked out and went with dark ones. Whew! 
Yes, the uglier the color, the cheaper the shoe. He loves them (as you can see he has already worn them even though he wasn't suppose to) and that's all that matter. (Must convince myself that matching isn't really that important!)
These are more red than purple. Dang flash.
We got their hair cut yesterday so they would be all pretty and polished.
Too bad green gel isn't allowed at school.
Emma just needed a trim. She is growing out her hair again. She did beg for highlights. I am thinking of giving in and doing it for her birthday. 

The drawers are packed with new socks and if I get my butt in gear and fold laundry they will have a drawer full of clean underwear.
Once again I had to buy women's. The girls' largest socks were too small.
This is a first. I have nothing else to say.
We all got our blessings on Monday for Family Home Evening. I love that part of Back to School the most. They were both blessed with health and strength and told to be good friends and to call on the Holy Ghost often. This year has many great challenges for both as they learn new things and try new activities. It was a special night and I am thankful for a husband that hold the Priesthood. Today I am having visions of a quiet house, grocery shopping alone and cleaning the day away. Tomorrow I will be a blubbery mess. I always get a little sad sending them off the first day. 

No comments: