Friday was the day the kids got to see who their teachers were and who was going to be in their class. I took them right before lunch time. They were so eager that the car barely stopped before they were out the door and running up to the window. Emma got the teacher she wanted. Too bad for me she didn't get Mr. Nelson, the teacher I wanted her to have. Who wouldn't want a teacher that dresses up like Willy Wonka at Halloween and a 6'4" long-haired elf at Christmas? Apparently Emma. Andrew got a brand new male teacher. We don't know anything about him but this will be the first time that he has a "boy teacher".



That afternoon Emma went shoe shopping with Jenna and her mom and Andrew played here with Max and Nick. They were heading outside to play when they heard the ice-cream truck. They began chasing it but it was down the hill. By the time they all got their money the truck was on it's way to other destinations. I was ready to drive them around and chase it down when it started working its way back up the mountain. My fatal error of the day was to give Andrew $5. I neglected to tell him I expected change. He bought two ice-creams and I got $1 back. Boo! When he saw that I was a little peeved he said he had gotten it for me. Uh, riiight. Then he said he had gotten it for Emma. When I gave him the stink eye for that story he gave up and asked if he could just have both. I said no and we gave it to Emma when she got home. He did get some bites.
Shoes? Who need shoes? Not these three.





No comments:
Post a Comment