This year we have tried so hard not to go overboard with back to school shopping. Today we got a few supplies like colored pencils, mechanical pencils, folders, notebooks and socks. Emma said "this isn't as much as last year." Yes, I know but we didn't need all that stuff that we bought last year. We have tried to scale down everything. I did splurge by getting them some post it notes. I seriously have the hardest time staying away from back to school supplies.
With the exception of clothes (More to come on that later. We are still waiting for an online order before we can do a complete inventory and the annual picture of all their outfits.) we have done quite well. We only bought them two pairs of Crocs and one pair of tennis shoes. Last year I had different shoes to match all the different outfits and that was a waste. They always wore the easy to slip on shoes because we were rushed to get out the door every morning.
Andrew needs to learn that Crayola is where it's at. He wanted generic. He can't be my child.

I even got myself a thing or two. I was going to buy a planner online, at a price that I won't mention, to help me juggle work, kids and activities. I just couldn't spend the money. I found a cheapy one today and it even has a pocket in the cover where I can personalize it with pictures or a little scrapbook page. Now I won't feel guilty if I don't use it regularly.
I am getting excited and maybe starting to count down the days a little until they go back to school and we are back in a routine.


No comments:
Post a Comment